Saturday, July 2, 2011

So what would you drive?

My beloved 1993 Saturn, my car for more than 15 years, broke down for the last time this week. It had 182,000 miles on it. I loved this car - it got more than 35 mpg on the highway and took me from the woods to New York City many times.

So now I have to buy a new (or used) car, something I haven't done in more than 15 years. It got me thinking. If you are a Saudi woman reading this, what kind of car will you drive when it's legal?  What would be your ideal car?  Certainly car dealers in the Kingdom must be really hopeful that women will be driving soon, it opens up a massive new market for them.

If I were a woman about to drive in Saudi Arabia....hmmm....yes I guess I'd go for something like a Range Rover. High off the ground for visibility, lots of extras for comfort, and the ability to deal with unusual road conditions. Color-wise, I'd go with white and a tan fabric interior, to minimize the effect of the summer.

How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I am really glad to see this issue getting a lot of media attention. I hope that, like with cell phones, women in Saudi Arabia get this right too, and so many others.

    POLL: Should women be allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia?
    Vote: http://www.wepolls.com/r/1039001

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy low cost cars online by choosing your used car seller carefully. There are plenty of sources to buy used cars, gone are the days when one has to visit several showrooms and compromise on the dealers quoted price.

    ReplyDelete